Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's geek squad hardcore.

Earlier today, I was clued in to a very amusing spot on marketing yogurt to women:


Some favorite lines include "say some more things that I generically relate to, and then go to a wedding!" and "it's first woman president good... EAT IT."

On my way out the door this morning I won my very first battle wound of this type. It was good, a yogurt advert might say, hardcore good. As many of you know, I'm quite an avid runner. Like most sports (yes, running is a sport people... I WILL fight you about this), there is a certain status associated with mild injuries, especially those that bleed. This injury was hardcore-bleeding-but-not-inhibitive-of-play-injury good.

Why, then, am I not smiling? I actually managed to incur an injury by dropping my laptop on myself. This rivals the time I had to get stitches from my glasses cutting my face when I faceplanted into the cement while giving a classmate a piggyback ride in the fourth grade.

Perhaps I should be grateful, rather than be ashamed. Long the technological black sheep of my geeky-with-social-skills family, I finally have something to show. A rite of passage. Embarrassing, triumphant, telling, whatever - I am now a contender in the techy scene. When people sit around discussing their internet speeds or how they've learned the new web programming language and I can point to my leg scar.

"Shaving?"
"Mac."

It's geek squad hardcore.

3 comments:

Thirdmango said...

Looks like someone needs some yogurt to cheer themselves up! Next time i get a scar like that, I can't turn to yogurt, alas, it looks like all I have to turn to is MEAT. Meat, it's yogurt good, for men.

lia said...

then there's yo-plus. the funnest. yogurt. ever.

thanks for bringing that into my life.

(p.s. i deleted the comment above because i accidently posted as my sister)

Worktron said...

Thank you for introducing me to that yogurt parody. I rather enjoyed it.