Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Today I was told I had a "nice figgeh"

by a construction worker. Quite a far cry from other construction worker comments, say, in the states. Liverpool somehow manages to multitask, being both working-class and dignified... perhaps even classy.

More importantly, I made samosas! I know one is shaped like a spring roll. I do what I want. Including awkward self-photography, just for you. That's how much I care about my reader feedback. You'll note these pictures are in my bedroom. Not only is that where I eat, it's also a much less embarrassing location for auto-photography if you will.

And I will. Please notice here that I'm trying to figure out what's going on. And also my makeshift apron/tea towel.

Note here my food. Yum. I had them with honey and apricot jam, it was fabulous.

Also, this made me think of Parry and Mav.

1 comment:

Cicada said...

My self esteem took a nose dive when I left Italy and came back to the United States. There's nothing like averaging 20 cat calls a day to boost your self esteem. It's almost enough incentive to purposely walk past construction zones.